COURAGE (May 2009)
- Courage is the confidence to keep trying when the odds seem against you. It is the heart of any successful man / women.
- Courage is looking past your personal goals and dedicating your life for the betterment of mankind.
- Courage is doing what you were born for, even if it is against the odds. Courage is taking the first step.
- Courage is getting up to ride again after a really bad fall.
- Courage is standing up for your future when your past keeps knocking you down.
- Courage is doing the right thing when the wrong thing seems to produce better results.
We should fill our minds with courage and patience. We should stand for the “right” cause similar to a rock on the seashore that stands firm amid dashing of waves. Courage is the key to leadership. World is a better place to live today because of the courage of leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther king and Rosa Parks. As a child, you should have courage to stand for what you think is right (kids think of an incident where you stood up for yourself, a friend, or a cause)
METHODS TO INSTILL COURAGE
- Victory over fear.
- Feeling presence of God
- Devotion to God
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~Winston Churchill
2. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher